Eminem is God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exclusive Trick ~ Trick Interview....!!

2 posters

Go down

Exclusive Trick ~ Trick Interview....!! Empty Exclusive Trick ~ Trick Interview....!!

Post  Bunny Rabbit Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:18 pm

What was your goal with the new album?

There's a lot of expression, a lot of passion going on. That's something I believe hip-hop is lacking -- that the music game, period, is lacking. It's definitely very musical, a lot of live instruments. I wanted to do an album you can listen to from the beginning to the end. Remember older albums, the albums you could listen to from A to Z? Ice Cube, "AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted"; Jay-Z, "Reasonable Doubt." It's not the same (stuff) over and over.

I needed help on this project. I reached out to all my friends that I deal with on a regular basis. Ice Cube, Eminem, Kid Rock, Lil Jon, Buck, Dr. Dre, Royce Da 5-9, Jeff Bass, Paradime, Guilty Simpson, Young Buck, Esham. I wanted to build a project that wouldn't be just Trick Trick all over the place.

Talk about the remake of Run-DMC's "Together Forever" with Proof.

I was building drum parts on an 808, just playing around with it, doing a pattern to an old Run-DMC track. Proof was coming down the hall and he started rapping old-school style. He's the one who suggested it: "That's sweet -- we should do a song on your album where we rap old school." Once we started getting into it, Proof suggested Kid Rock and Esham. Esham did his verse, then Proof came back and did his, then Kid Rock.
Three days later Proof was dead.

How do you feel looking back on the Motown stint?

It was upsetting at first, because I didn't have any idea what direction I was going next. It was agreed by both sides that it wasn't gonna work out there. When they wouldn't back down on the release date, I said, "I can't be here," and they said, "Well, if you want to leave ..."

I left with no intention of ever signing another label deal again.

I had knowledge of Koch Records, but had no interest until I had a chance to meet them and get a history lesson. I learned that a lot of the records that were doing well were from Koch. I realized this was my best spot -- this was where I should have been in the first place.

At any label, there's always that conflict with the corporate side. Motown was definitely a learning experience, as opposed to a bad thing. ... It didn't go right, and now I understand more about how to do what needs to be done.

People regard you as a godfather of the Detroit hip-hop scene. Do you stay tuned in to what's going on locally?

I keep a very close watch on Detroit. When I was given the title "godfather of Detroit," there's a responsibility to that. I try to maintain order -- making sure the artists get their fair share and passing along information I can share with the ones who are serious. I'm speaking at high schools, and I'd encourage other artists to come speak too.

I talk with DJs and music directors with radio stations about various artists, about showing them more love, about what we need to do. We have a lot of artists here making great music.

What's the most common mistake you see among up-and-comers?

A: Arrogance -- that arrogant attitude of "I'm unstoppable" once they get a little shine. ... It's OK to be proud of yourself and pat yourself on the back and move forward. But for a person to think that all of this can't be taken away from you -- that's stupid. That attitude is not healthy at all for any human being, especially an artist.

You sound pretty satisfied these days.

A: I'm blessed, and I recognize that. ... I'm really thankful to God that I'm in a better position in my life than I was five years ago. I'm content with being legitimate with my family and with the things going on in my career, and not being tied down to any responsibilities but the ones I've created for myself. I'm very comfortable with that. I still have so much further to go, but I see my vision and I'm moving toward it. I'm blessed to even be focused on something.

Source : http://www.freep.com/article/20081109/ENT04/811090358

(~Peace~)
(~Always' Shady~)
Bunny Rabbit
Bunny Rabbit
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-10-27

https://www.facebook.com/findfriends.php?ref_friends#/home.php?re

Back to top Go down

Exclusive Trick ~ Trick Interview....!! Empty Re: Exclusive Trick ~ Trick Interview....!!

Post  Sanjiv Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:08 am

propz bro!!!
Sanjiv
Sanjiv
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-10-23

https://eminemisgod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down