Eminem is God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trick Trick interview... speaks on Em's album

2 posters

Go down

Trick Trick interview... speaks on Em's album Empty Trick Trick interview... speaks on Em's album

Post  Sanjiv Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:59 pm

Raptalk.Net: We are here with Trick Trick! How’s it going with you?

Trick Trick: I can’t complain; working hard baby!

Raptalk.Net: No doubt. Tell us about what you’ve been up to since “The People Vs” dropped?

Trick Trick: Man! (Laughs) I been working…like a muthafuckin’ slave but under my own whips (Laughs) you know what I’m saying? I’ve just been working like crazy, everyday – day in, day out. I’ve been working on this new album, “The Villain.” I’ve been working on my group and my new energy drink. I’ve also found the time do my own film, write my own film which will be coming out on the Cubevision films with myself and Ice Cube – and another artist but I can’t say his name yet because the paper work ain’t done yet; but he’s one of the biggest artists in the game. I’ve just been working man! Staying busy…sitting on yo’ ass is for shitting! (Laughs) and I ain’t full of shit (laughs).

Raptalk.Net: (Laughs) it sounds like you’ve been up to a whole lot since the debut album dropped. What have you learned about this business in that span?

Trick Trick: I’ve learned so much. Working with people like Eminem, Kid Rock, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre and Lil Jon – all you can is soak that knowledge up. Same goes for working with people like Royce Da 5’9; there so knowledgeable and know the important aspects to this business that I was not knowledgeable of. I’ve learned a lot of do’s and dont’s. It’s like a person reading the bible and then the holy Quran or any other religious book; you take the truth out of it and you run with it…if they all say the same thing in this scripture then you take that and run with it. You have to make a determination whether or not to make that move. I leaned so much from these guys; I learned that major labels are not the best way to go and I will not ever be interested in signing to a major label again. I’m on Koch and I love that label. I work well with the entire staff day to day from the radio reps to the marketing people. I learned that you can’t rush success, you can’t rush art. You have to let art take its course. It’s like planting a fucking flower, you have to wait. When you get that idea, it’ll come to you. When you come up with that hit, it’ll come to you; you can’t stress yourself out about it – it is hard to not stress out over it if you’re determined but you have to learn to lay back and keep that faith tight until you get it. I’ve learned that everything I make ain’t sweet; you know what I’m saying? Everything I make is not a hit record. Most artists think their shit doesn’t stink. They think everything they make is sweet as hell. I’ve learned so much man. I’ve learned humility, a new sense of respect for the artists that I’ve worked with and I’ve learned more about the game than I did before; timing, everything – I’ve learned a lot bro.

Raptalk.Net: Great answer! We’re going to get into the label situation and all the people you’ve worked with but just for now, as you look back on “The People Vs” album, are you happy with that project?

Trick Trick: I’m satisfied with it being a past experience. I’ll put it that way. I made a lot of mistakes on my part, a lot of mistakes on the part of Motown/Universal and the staff at there label, a lot of mistakes made on the part of Wonderboy which is the label I was directly signed to as a partner. I learned not to make those mistakes again. I look at that album as a good album, it had some nice records on it but that was yesterday and I’m going to focus on my future and where I am now. I can’t keep looking back. I’ve learned from my mistakes.

Raptalk.Net: You’ve touched on the label situation a few times already; tell us about the move from Motown/Universal to Koch.

Trick Trick: It was easy. We knew that it didn’t work out at Motown/Universal. I couldn’t see myself putting my feet in that cement again. We both agreed, myself and Sylvia Rhone agreed that this marriage wasn’t going to last (laughs). We had to divorce. It was an agreement on both parts; “you could split Trick if you want to, I’ll give your album back” and I was like “yep, it’s best to let me do what I do.” That was easy, it wasn’t hard at all. I thought I had to sever my past with anybody who has interest and ties to Trick Trick as an artist. I released myself from Wonderboy because I was half-owner. I broke that chain; it wasn’t really a chain but I let that shit go. It was just me then. Now Trick, what are you going to do? Square one so to speak. I was still financially ok and had to figure out what I was going to do. I had to come up with a plan, pray and get that plan together. I had to take that plan, become motivated about it and move towards it and I did it. I know it’s cliché and boring; but if you believe in what you can achieve and you stay focused you can reach it – shit, I’m a living example of that. I don’t have anybody’s street money backing me up on this album or any major label paying for it. Koch didn’t pay for this album. I did this album myself. Thank God that God blessed me with the attitude and with the respect to build relationships with the people that I worked with on this project and they were willing to work with me out of friend as opposed to all that corporate, industry bullshit. We worked more comfortably together without being under the scaffold. We had the freedom to do and say what we want to do; let’s do it, let’s allow our talents to come together and create a great project and we did it. I did it under my label, Time Entertainment. Trick Trick myself, all on Time Entertainment. My label is signed to Koch. I’m the first artist on my label. It’s very big, I’m really grateful to be in this position.

Raptalk.Net: Ok. Let’s get into the new album at this time. Tell us about the motivation behind the title, “The Villain.”

Trick Trick: for so many years everybody has been like “that’s the bad guy.” Villains are most of the time misunderstood. If you know anything about the Marvel comics…the Sandman in Spiderman 3; he was trying to get the surgery for his daughter. Lex Luthor although was a jackass, he was a real estate dude. People don’t look into the reason the muthafucka’ is called the villain. Some villains have the wrong way of doing shit but I take that and change it to “by any means necessary.” I got to have mines. What I demand is respect. I’m so used to being called the villain and the bad guy I said ok, if the bad guy is what you want then the bad guy is what you’re going to get; fuck it!

Raptalk.Net: I like that! Tell us about the first single “Let It Fly” with Ice Cube.

Trick Trick: Well my buzz single was “Let’s Work.” We got a really good buzz off of that from people who understand that if you don’t work, you don’t eat. The little teeny boppers didn’t understand that record and that’s understandable. “Let it Fly” came about…I did the record originally with all intentions of having Ice Cube and Lil Jon on it, but the studio I did it at, the record leaked without Ice Cube and Lil Jon and it still got a great response. We had to pull back on the record and I said “that record is not the one, that’s not where I’m going with this” and I dropped “Let’s Work” and for “Let It Fly” (Ice) Cube came off of the road and he did the record. Lil Jon came in and gave me his part and helped me build the beat up a little bit more and there it was. The chemistry between the three of us, it doesn’t get much more hood than Trick Trick and Ice Cube; Ice Cube is Doughboy from Boyz N Da Hood! That’s Ice Cube from NWA – he started this gangsta shit. Lil Jon is the king of keeping the club going so that’s the perfect chemistry. It was a good atmosphere and that makes it that much better.

Raptalk.Net: No doubt. Who else appears on the album besides Ice Cube and Lil Jon?

Trick Trick: Eminem; I always say Eminem first – that’s my dog. He worked very closely with me on this album. Production wise, it’ll feature a song titled “Who Want It” and Dr. Dre produced and mixed a song on it for this album titled? I also have a song with Proof – God rest his soul. Kid Rock and Esham, we have a song together called “Together Forever.” I have a song with Young Buck, the “Let’s Work” remix album version with Young Buck but I don’t know if G-Unit is going to clear it. I worked with Royce Da 5-9, Guilty Simpson, Diezel the Hitman. I had a chance to work with great musicians such as Aaron Julison and T. Greene. Aaron Julison is from the “Brown Trucker Band” Kid Rock’s band. T. Greene played parliament, played for Dr. Dre, a lot of the west coast hits we know from 2Pac and others. I have Jim Bass from the Bass brothers. He’s done a lot of Eminem’s early work from the “Marshall Mathers LP” on out. Luis Resto who also works with Eminem, a keyboard player is on this album. That’s it; that’s a lot though actually! (Laughs). That was fun! I wanted to do an album showcasing myself but at the same time somewhat like the Dr. Dre “Chronic” album. A lot of Detroit’s best, when you’re talking about the best in Detroit you have Eminem, Kid Rock, Esham, Proof and Royce Da 5’9, Guilty Simpson – where else can you go when it comes to the best in Detroit. We have a lot of great artists, that’s no secret, but these guys are the best – check their track records (laughs). It was fun. We had a lot of fun recording this album, there wasn’t any pressure. We said we’re going to do what we want to do on this motherfucker. We’re going to come up with a great album that you can listen to from beginning to end and say “wow.”

Raptalk.Net: I can’t wait to check it out. You know you can’t mention the names Eminem and Dr. Dre without me asking you about them, right? (Laughs).

Trick Trick: Yeah! Knock yourself out (laughs).

Raptalk.Net: they are really quiet right now, how did you manage to get them both on the album?

Trick Trick: I talk to Eminem all the time. He hasn’t surfaced just yet but give him a minute – he is coming like a muthafucka’, he’s coming hard. They (Eminem and Dr. Dre) are workhorses like me. They get it in all day, everyday. That’s what they do. They’re just under the radar. They’re building there nuclear weapons; they’re building there weapons of mass destruction. They’re building some bad mutha fuckas, I tell you that much myself. I have a relationship with Eminem as a friend. It wasn’t just artist to artist. I and Eminem talk about all kinds of shit. Music is secondary to our friendship. We’re not just brother’s music, we’re brothers in life. Eminem is my friend, not my homie. Dr. Dre is his right-hand man. I have that…I like to call it a platinum call-it diamond studded black card from Eminem for Dr. Dre. He (Dr. Dre) passed the tracks along and I didn’t want to be greedy (laughs) I’ll pick this one right now. I did what I know I could do on his song and work hard as opposed to just rapping anything. I had to go somewhere I have never went lyrically and delivery wise and still keep content and make a fucking point. That’s a task for a lot of artists but I was able to do it. I became accustomed to it and continued to do it throughout this whole album with the assistance of all the artists that I already named. Eminem and Dr. Dre are coming and I’m blessed and most grateful to have had the opportunity to work with them and have all plans in the world to continue working with them in the future.

Raptalk.Net: Thanks for that. Have you had the opportunity to hear or contribute anything to “Relapse” or “Detox?”

Trick Trick: I’ve heard some of this and some of that and all I can say is “man, damn.” They finna’ do some shit. The future at Interscope is riding on Eminem and Dr. Dre right now and Interscope has a bright future again. Interscope has an excellent future ahead of them again. That’s all I can really say. Eminem is putting in that work. Everybody is in writers block for a minute and everybody deserves a break. He took a break, he had his writers block. When he comes out, he’s off the chain. He is gassing that chainsaw up and Slim Shady is back – somebody that everyone has missed. We love Marshall Mathers but his fans want Slim Shady and he is letting Slim Shady out the fuckin’ cage again and he isn’t holding anybody up (laughs). Its finna’ be some hurt feelings when Eminem’s album comes out. He’s shitting on whoever he feels like shitting on and I dare a motherfucker to say something about him. Leave him the fuck alone (laughs).

Raptalk.Net: No doubt! Tell us about coming together with Royce Da 5’9 for a track on the album.

Trick Trick: We’ve done work at the studio. He’s a good friend of mine. I’ve always been a fan of Royce, period. He’s a very talented writer and a very talented MC; extremely talent. His latest work man…Royce been doing some mixtape shit that just makes your face melt – you are like “GOD DAMN.” This ***** is not playing anymore; he never been playing but he is really…I just don’t know what to say but we did a few things together. I jumped on this; he jumps on this and so on. When I had the song I told him I couldn’t finish the album without him. He needed to be on it and I have him on a song called “All Around the World” and I felt he would go good over it, he would bring more life to the record and he did. He laid it out. It’s a bad ass record to, it’s bad as hell. All the stuff on this album…with the exception of “Let It Fly” and “Let’s Work” because those are more radio type club records that you hear today and are more in touch with what you hear on the radio today. If that’s what you’re looking for, then that’s what you looking for. This album is so different than anything that’s out there now and anything that people are doing. I did what people are scared to do on this album and I got help from the best. Anybody can use a helping hand accept Bill Gates (laughs).
Sanjiv
Sanjiv
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-10-23

https://eminemisgod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Trick Trick interview... speaks on Em's album Empty continued

Post  Sanjiv Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:00 pm

Raptalk.Net: Tell us about the Kid Rock and Esham record.

Trick Trick: That was something because I was building what I like to call a stupid 808. I built my own drums. I was building this stupid 808 and Proof walked in the studio while I was playing the drum pattern by hand to RUN DMC’s “Together Forever.” Proof came in the studio while I was fucking around and he started rapping old school over it and saying we should do it. This is the shit that ***** don’t do; they don’t know anything about it. We came up with the idea – Esham recorded his verse first. I did the track, Esham recorded his verse first. Proof then recorded his verse. I told Kid Rock about it and I wanted him to rap on it. He was like “let’s do it” because he heard it and loved it. He laid it out and there it was, another hit. It’s a collaboration that is out of this world. That is Detroit in its finest. Esham is a pioneer in Detroit Hip-Hop; so is Proof and myself. Kid Rock is ofcourse a legend – a rock, pop, country singer legend in Detroit and I got him to rap again! (Laughs). That was a task but it was fun. We did it and it’s different. It paid that homage to that old school music that all four of us grew up on and all four of us love. At the same time it pays homage to Run DMC and Jam Master Jay who started it all to me.

Raptalk.Net: Thanks a whole lot for your time Trick Trick and for this fantastic interview. Do you have any last words for the fans before I let you go?

Trick Trick: I appreciate everything! I appreciate all my fans and supporters, all the publications and I definitely love all the DJ’s.
Sanjiv
Sanjiv
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Trick Trick interview... speaks on Em's album Empty Re: Trick Trick interview... speaks on Em's album

Post  Bunny Rabbit Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:37 pm

props' bugg...........
mayn but damn fuckin long...........
Bunny Rabbit
Bunny Rabbit
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-10-27

https://www.facebook.com/findfriends.php?ref_friends#/home.php?re

Back to top Go down

Trick Trick interview... speaks on Em's album Empty Re: Trick Trick interview... speaks on Em's album

Post  Sanjiv Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:36 pm

hahahaha.... thats true
Sanjiv
Sanjiv
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down