Eminem is God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

50 Cent Speaks On Jam Master Jay Documentary

Go down

50 Cent Speaks On Jam Master Jay Documentary Empty 50 Cent Speaks On Jam Master Jay Documentary

Post  Bunny Rabbit Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:02 pm

During a private screening of The Life & Death of Jam Master Jay at Sundance, 50 Cent revealed Jay's role in his career and why he was so important to him.

"Jay was a mentor." Fif said per the New York Daily News. "He's the first person I went into the studio with the intention of producing a song for an album, which was never released because Jay's touring schedule was so hectic he wasn't able to focus on it."

Instead of wallowing in his failure of his attempt, 50 says he took matters into his own hands.

"After Jay, I went to Columbia Records, but that didn't work... Columbia Records was too scared to even talk to me. So I learned to market myself, like Jay had done. A lot of major labels and companies were ignoring me because they were only looking at my street life. It makes me rub it in now. Right in their faces. I want to go into their offices and say, 'I remember you. Didn't they fire you yet?'"

In addition to screening his Jay film, 50 was also on hand at Sundance to promote his new film production company, Cheetah Vision. Cheetah Vision's first film is The Dance, starring Fif and Nicholas Cage.
Bunny Rabbit
Bunny Rabbit
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-10-27

https://www.facebook.com/findfriends.php?ref_friends#/home.php?re

Back to top Go down