Eminem is God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DJ Premier Talks 50 Cent's Rejection

Go down

DJ Premier Talks 50 Cent's Rejection Empty DJ Premier Talks 50 Cent's Rejection

Post  Bunny Rabbit Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:58 pm

During a recent interview with New York radio personality Peter Rosenberg, famed beat man DJ Premier revealed that he submitted a track to 50 Cent that was turned down. It was his interview with XXLmag.com, however, that revealed the real deal on what went down.

According to the famed DJ, he submitted the track to 50 for Before I Self Destruct and thought it would be perfect for the rapper's re-vamped return to hard core rap.

"I use[d] his voice from Guess Who's Back -- 'You're now rocking with 50 Cent. Are you ready? I said are you ready,'" he described to XXL. "You know how he says that, with that like cocky attitude? I used that and scratching in the beginning with like this real mellow beat and the drums are smacking. It's like setting it up like 'Yo I'm back on my grizzly shit. I'm about to come rough.'"

Despite his admission that the track wasn't one of his best, Premier says that he thinks it would have reached the goal 50 is trying to achieve.

"It's not like the illest beat I ever done but the fact that he wants to bring it back to the pure essence, I definitely know how to make sure that we're on the right track for a street record," 50 continued.

Although his track was not was not chosen, Premier says he holds no hard feelings.

"Bringing that old voice back is almost like if he hit the reset button. So I could totally hear 50 killing that song... I'm not mad though. Fif's my dude."
Bunny Rabbit
Bunny Rabbit
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-10-27

https://www.facebook.com/findfriends.php?ref_friends#/home.php?re

Back to top Go down