EMINEM: I NEVER WANT TO BE THAT FAMOUS AGAIN

Go down

EMINEM: I NEVER WANT TO BE THAT FAMOUS AGAIN

Post  Sanjiv on Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:40 pm

Eminem has said that creating music, rather than fame, is now his only focus.

The rapper, real name Marshall Mathers, confirmed to BBC Radio 1’s Zane Lowe that he has spent the last five months working on a new album, Relapse, with his mentor Dr Dre.

But the Detroit rapper, who has been on hiatus since 2005, said he had no wish to return to the level of fame he experienced in the late 90s and early 00s.

“There’s no desire to be that big again,” he stressed. “Whatever happens, I’ll take it, but that’s definitely not what I’ll be recording the songs for.”

“I’ve accomplished enough with the music that I haven’t had to go out there and do other things to over-saturate.

“That’s probably what I take pride in most.

“But, at the end of the day, it’s kind of catch 22,” he added. “I love the attention but I don’t like too much of it.”

Despite having spent the last three years effectively in retirement, Eminem criticised the state of rap during his absence.

“I don’t mean everything about rap is crap. I just mean the majority of it,” he explained.

“Actually I think T.I.’s new album is great and I’ve been pumping that for the last two weeks every day in my car aside from my own stuff as I record it.

“Andre 3000 is also incredible. So I just mean rap in general.”

His autobiography, Eminem: The Way I Am, is released today (21st Oct, 2008)

Source: Contactmusic
Sanjiv
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-10-23

View user profile http://eminemisgod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down