Eminem is God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eminem's autobiography released (21-10-08)

2 posters

Go down

Eminem's autobiography released (21-10-08) Empty Eminem's autobiography released (21-10-08)

Post  Sanjiv Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:38 pm

Shades of Shady
Eminem reveals more of himself in new book, 'The Way I Am'
Adam Graham / Detroit News Pop Music Writer
Eminem has always has been something of an open book.

So it makes sense that his life would become, literally, a book, which it does with today's release of "The Way I Am" (Dutton Adult, $40).

The hardcover offering -- which follows Em's 2002 book, "Angry Blonde" -- traces Eminem's path to stardom, and finds the Detroit rapper discussing his career and life in sometimes candid, sometimes guarded, fashion.

Advertisement
It may be lacking in bombshell revelations -- at this point, Em's story is as familiar as any of his songs -- so it's mostly the add-ons (photos, lyric sheets) that fanatics will glom onto.

Meanwhile, Em isn't the only one who's feeling book-happy these days; next month will be the release of "My Son Marshall, My Son Eminem: Setting the Record Straight on My Life as Eminem's Mother" (Phoenix Books, $25.95), by Em's estranged mother, Debbie Nelson.

Eminem's book marks a return, of sorts, to the spotlight he began shunning several years ago. The next step is a CD titled "Relapse," which is expected as early as year's end.

We pored through "The Way I Am" and came up with this handy guide, and found that maybe there is a little Slim Shady in all of us.

'The Way I Am' by the numbers
Pages: 208

Weight (in pounds): Two

Chapters: Eight

Reprinted lyric sheets: 38

Pictures of Eminem: 152

Pictures of Proof: 22

Pictures of Dr. Dre: 12

Pictures of Eminem flipping the bird: 21 (14 single birds, seven double birds)

Pictures of Eminem with a horse: 1

Odds and Ems
Sorry, it's disconnected: On the inside cover, amidst two pages of scribbled notes, is a partially obscured phone number credited to "Mariah." Are they really Carey's digits? We'll never know: The phone number has been disconnected. (Yes, we called it.)

Notable CDs spotted in a photograph of Em's CD collection: Among the expected glut of rap CDs are Nine Inch Nails, "The Fragile" (two copies); Mariah Carey, "Emotions"; Madonna, "Music"; Britney Spears, "Britney"; Roy Orbison, "16 Biggest Hits"; Ja Rule, "Pain is Love"; Ashlee Simpson, "I Am Me"; Soundtrack, "High School Musical." (We're guessing some of them are daughter Hailie's.)

Famous people with whom Eminem is pictured: Robin Williams, Hugh Hefner, Kurt Loder, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Kid Rock, Redman, Marilyn Manson, Verne "Mini Me" Troyer

Dedication: The book is dedicated to Eminem's best friend Proof, who died in 2006. Underneath a picture of Em and Proof in the opening pages is a brief quote from 2Pac's "Fame."

The different sides of Shady
Family man: "I want my girls to have a place where they belong and feel protected. That's why I say my biggest accomplishment is being a father and why I stepped back from the rap game for a minute. You can't just show up once in a while and call yourself Dad."

Mad rapper: "I've always had issues with my temper."

Detroit booster: "The studio didn't want to do it, but I insisted on shooting ('8 Mile') in Detroit, which is where I shoot a lot of videos and things like that. If I can help in any way to create jobs there I'm all for it. Detroit has been in a (poor) financial state for far too long."

Ego-tripper: "I'm the best thing that ever lived. Let's get that right, for starters. (Kidding.)"

Self-doubter: "I wonder sometimes if I've reached my pinnacle lyrically, if I'll be able to top what I've already done. Can I get better?"

Recluse: "Even now, part of me feels like, Eminem, whenever you drink you get violent. Another part of me is like, No, whenever somebody (messes) wth me, I get violent. And if I'm drunk and someone (messes) with me, it's even worse. This is one reason why I never go out."

Student of the streets: "When you get robbed in the same house five times -- and the guy is so comfortable robbing your house that he takes his jacket off and leaves it on your couch, and he makes himself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich -- you figure some things out."

Example of hip-hop's persuasive influence on its audience: "I didn't really start doing drugs until I rapped about them."

Accomplished reader: "The only book I can remember ever reading front to back was LL Cool J's."

Would-be Piston: "When I was 18, I was confused about which way to go with life: I was good at rap, but I wasn't great. I thought I could be better at basketball than I could be at rapping."

Anti-equestrian: "I fought tooth and nail (and won) to get this scene with the horse out of ('8 Mile') because it made no sense whatsoever."

Alfred E. Newman fan: "The way I see it, you know you've made it when you're in Mad magazine."

Average Joe: "I'm really just a normal guy. You can ask my neighbors. I ride a bike. I walk the dog. I mow my lawn. I'm out there every Sunday, talking to myself, buck naked, mowing the lawn with a chainsaw."

Eminem on ...
Proof: "After he passed, it was a year before I could really do anything normally again. It was tough for me to even get out of bed, and I had days when I couldn't walk, let alone write a rhyme ... This is the biggest tragedy I could imagine, aside from something happening to one of my kids."

Kim: "Kim and I have had our differences, sure, but things are good between us now. I'm not away from home as much as I used to be, but when I do have to step away, she's there holding the fort down -- and she does an amazing job. It's great that we've been able to come to an understanding. That's a big source of stress that I'm glad is behind (me)."

The return of his alter-ego, Slim Shady: "People wonder if Shady will re-emerge on my next album, even though he's supposed to be dead. Well, I suppose as long as I'm here, Shady's here."

The incident with Moby and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the MTV awards: "I was going to fight Moby? I was going to fight a puppet? I don't know if anybody will understand it now. It was basically just too many things at once. ... In hindsight, I should have handled it differently, and I truly believe that if I were in that situation again ... I would have acted differently."

Eminem on ...
Raising his girls: "I want them to go to college. I try to instill educational values in them. But it can be tough when you didn't graduate high school and your education level is 8th grade. I failed 9th grade three times, and I'm trying to argue with them about going to college?!"

"I would never wish fame on any of them."

The cross-demographic success of "8 Mile": "It's strange, you know, the new fans and where they come from ... if you loved the movie, and you're 86 years old -- I just want to say thank you. Hailie thanks you. Her college is paid for."

Going out: "I stay at home a lot because I can't go anywhere without a huge entourage. Sometimes I'll go out just to prove that I can do it ... most of the time I'm cool with staying out of the limelight."

His career: "If I had to do it again, I don't know if I would. I'm glad, though, that my music has brought people together."

His childhood: "Making new friends every couple of months ain't easy for any kid, but it was especially hard for me because I was so quiet. Shy. I was getting beaten up, and I would get nosebleeds and then sometimes my ears would bleed. That was Marshall Mathers. Never was social. Never had too many friends. Which goes against the image I put out there with my music, as an emcee who's up in your face with all kinds of opinions and (stuff) to talk. That's Eminem. Truth is, I've never felt like I belonged."

"A lot of people in my family had screws loose because of abuse. If you go back and look at the abuse that I took, it's no surprise I became who I am. Someone I don't really want to be."

Source: http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081021/ENT04/810210389
Sanjiv
Sanjiv
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-10-23

https://eminemisgod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Eminem's autobiography released (21-10-08) Empty Re: Eminem's autobiography released (21-10-08)

Post  Bunny Rabbit Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:46 pm

props' bud........
ima 2 was to post dis news bro...........
Bunny Rabbit
Bunny Rabbit
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-10-27

https://www.facebook.com/findfriends.php?ref_friends#/home.php?re

Back to top Go down